Sunday, January 12, 2014

~Vintage Suitcase Makeover~ ~Part 1~


I am known for being the hoarder of all the family's vintage items.  Suitcases being one of them...well I actually I have 3.  I gave one a prim makeover many years ago when I was into blue and white and all things prim and country and thought it time for a new fresh make over shabby style.  I was going to be good and tape up all the lactches and keep them original but the tape just refused to stick ...so I gave up and chose to paint them instead.   I was going to undercoat as well but had none in the shed so that went in the too hard basket also.  I am very impatient when I decide to do something I want to be able to do it then and there otherwise I just wont do it.

First I dusted the outside of the case with a brush then wiped it over with a sponge and soapy water.  The inside (still had my brothers name inside from when he used it as a child) was paper lined and in not too bad condition so I just peel off what was peeling and left the rest.  Vaccuumed the inside and a quick wipe out with a damp sponge.  I havent decide whether I am going to line with fabric or vinatge wallpaper yet.

Out in the shed I had a can of Sea Beach Green by Squirts in a satin that would be perfect.  I am pretty sure I can finish with one can (well heres hoping).  


My Prim painting on the front.

The original inside

The first coat



The colour is a very pale green and I hope I have enough because according to the manufacturers web site the colour has been discontinued for some time.  Bugga!
Watch out for part 2...will the case still be green or will I have to settle for white.........




3 comments:

  1. It's looking great and can't wait to see how it all comes out! I really have to say I LOVE your whole first paragraph! I am impatient too and will use what's on-hand even if it changes the project a bit. I hate having to go out for supplies once I make up my mind to start something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the finished result, I have four old suitcases and have been planning to do something with these for sometime, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suitcases are such fun, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by!

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸