Sunday, May 15, 2011

~Roses for Winter~

Many months ago I bought a bunch of roses....tights pink buds with a slight green tinge to the outter petals...and I fell in love.  I had to have this rose for my garden.  Next stop google.....found a few similar but none quite right until I saw them again at Carolyn's blog Aiken House & Garden .  Lucky me Carolyn knew the name of the rose 'Eden'.
'Eden' turned out to be a variation of the one I was actually searching for and a climber, but absolutely gorgeous anyway so  I am hoping my local nursery can get it in for me as it has huge cabbage shaped pale pink flowers.
The closest I could find to the rose I was looking for is called Sahara de meilland and then I found another also very similar called Emma de Meilland.  I am not sure if these are the rose I have been hunting but they are very close so first thing tomorrow i will be ringing the nurseries to see if I can find them.
So thankyou Carolyn because your help put me on the right track and now instead of finding one beautiful rose I have found three.


This is the Eden rose

Emma de Meilland

Sahara de Meilland

This is the rose that started it all.
If anyone does know anything about this rose...please let me know.

Have a great week,


Photobucket