Sunday, May 15, 2011

~Roses for Winter~

Many months ago I bought a bunch of roses....tights pink buds with a slight green tinge to the outter petals...and I fell in love.  I had to have this rose for my garden.  Next stop google.....found a few similar but none quite right until I saw them again at Carolyn's blog Aiken House & Garden .  Lucky me Carolyn knew the name of the rose 'Eden'.
'Eden' turned out to be a variation of the one I was actually searching for and a climber, but absolutely gorgeous anyway so  I am hoping my local nursery can get it in for me as it has huge cabbage shaped pale pink flowers.
The closest I could find to the rose I was looking for is called Sahara de meilland and then I found another also very similar called Emma de Meilland.  I am not sure if these are the rose I have been hunting but they are very close so first thing tomorrow i will be ringing the nurseries to see if I can find them.
So thankyou Carolyn because your help put me on the right track and now instead of finding one beautiful rose I have found three.


This is the Eden rose

Emma de Meilland

Sahara de Meilland

This is the rose that started it all.
If anyone does know anything about this rose...please let me know.

Have a great week,


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I wonder if the rose you are looking for is the "Esperance Rose". I found this picture, most pictures were not very good but this is a pretty shot of it. Hope this helps. Have a super day! :o) http://www.flickriver.com/photos/96683394@N00/3780126108/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to find a picture which the color is more true to what it looks like :o)

    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2761790760000267223ubMHgB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know but OH MY....that is one gorgeous color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses are simply beautiful! I will have to look for some, too!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your very welcome Michelle :o) I hope your able to find it, it is a very beautiful Rose. I love roses and read up on them...there are so many different ones and they are all so beautiful! Good luck ;o) Thank you for following me and becoming one of my peeps too! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes pink roses are my favourites. I love the delicate colour!! If I ever won the lottery I would fill my home with roses everyday!! Mmmmm divine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses are beautiful! Bet they smell heavenly. Roses talk to my heart!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle,

    I am awarding you the versatile blogger award.

    http://alapinlife.blogspot.com/2011/05/lapin-life-gets-versatile-award-from.html

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour Michelle!! Thank you very much for your kind words on my blog, I'm very touched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Michelle, All beautiful roses, but oh my goodness, the Eden Rose is stunning! Like you I love the huge cabbage shape, and in pink just heavenly. I'm your newest follower, lovely blog......
    Happy PInk Saturday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  11. This brings back memories! Once upon a time before I had my son I had 42 roses and knew them ALL BY NAME :) My very favorite was "Peace" she was white, with yellow and pink. So pretty! My husband got weed killer on her, and I lost the bush. Later I bought another. My second favorite was "Medallion" for the large 7in bloom size, and pretty peach color.

    Unfortunately when I was pregnant with my son, I could not keep up with them, BUT every now and then I see a post like this and it makes me want one or two of them again!

    Thanks so much for stopping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸