Monday, May 2, 2011

~Favourite Picture~

I decided to share today my favourite charity shop find.  A Vernan Ward print in gorgeous chippy frame.
I stumbled across this a couple of years ago, whilst looking for pink things.  I happened to glance up when I saw this, and I must admit I couldnt contain my excitement.  I even looked around to make sure no-one knew what I was looking at for fear they would race over and grab it before I could get to it.
My heart was racing as I rushed to the counter to announce my wish to purchase it, not even knowing its price I knew I had to have it.
On announcement of its price $20.00, my lip fell, I only have $10.00 on me at the time.  Asking the lovely lady not to sell it in the next 10 minutes, I raced to my car and pulled out my spare change tin (emergency money) (well this was an emergency lol) I had just enough to cover it.  I couldnt get back into the shop quick enough to pay for it.
Now this lovely print hangs proudly over my kitchen table.

Have you ever spotted something and just knew you had to have it...no matter what.
Thanx for visiting me and I will be linking with:
Debbiedoos Newbie Party Here






Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous picture...I love the frame. Thanks so much for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Michelle,

    Lucky you! That makes one feel like a millionaire isn't it? Cradling something like that home and feeling so proud. The fact that you post about it a couple of years later proves you're no less in love with it...

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Michelle,

    Please do have a look at my blog;there awaits a surprise for you.

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful picture! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture is beautiful-so glad you got it!

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow What a beauty! Love love roses.. .and pansy's too. Your header is lovely.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'll be back when I can stay longer. I'm a new follower and hope you visit and follow me, too.
    Thanks, Helen of Helen's Decor

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful painting and I love the frame on it too. If it were me, I'd be dipping into my emergency fund too! Glad you had enough to be able to get it!

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸