Sunday, March 27, 2011

~Market Finds~


Decided to get motivated really earyly this morning to make it to the local Sunday Market.  I havent been there is since it moved to a new location...which to say is years.   Soooooo glad I did.  While most of what was there was junk is an understatement and it reminded me why I stopped going...this morning was my lucky day......I found a diamond in the rough..well two actually.  I could not believe my luck when I found this stunning vase for $2.00 and this little carriage clock for $3.00.  Although the clock is battery run it is very heavy and a little bit shabby (just the way I like it)  I still cant get over my luck in securing this stunning vase..it is a delight...and I must admit my new prised possesion.  There is apparently another market on Wednesday held just outta town so I may even give that one a go as well.


I finally got my sewing cabinet into my office and tucked it into a corner...not much room but at least I have somewhere to sew again.  The shelves above used to hold all my computer programs but with a bit of a shuffle I managed to squeeze them into a cupboard so I can place a few of my sewing bits and pieces on the shelves now. 
I forgot I had this sweet little doll figurine, she is actually a very vintage tape measure and the metal around her belly if magnetic to hold pins. 
I have had a very productive Sunday, but I think finding the vase was the best part of the day.


5 comments:

  1. What a good find your vase, so pink and foral, just perfect.
    When I go to those markets I always make sure to come very early to catch the best items.
    We have one every first Saturday of the month.
    Happy hunting!
    xoxo
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, I finally got my sewing things and crafts added to my computer room and now it's all together and I basically turned into a wonderful craft room where I can now sew and work on my other crafts and get on the computer as well. Feels so organized. I love all your finds. Have a Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new vase, what a great find!!!! That really was a great deal, how lucky are you... Enjoy it!!!

    Lorene
    The Gilded Cherub

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, I love all of these photos! Your vase is very pretty, and what a great find. Happy Pink Saturday! Thanks for looking at my glass too! Sunny109

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whow your markets are great, I am envious as downuder we do not have that type of market. I will follow and try not to get tooooo envious.

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸