Tuesday, September 10, 2013

~25 Years~


Today is mine and hubby's 25th Silver Wedding Anniversary.....and this is the first in quite a few years I have remembered.  We are not big on celebrating anything...but seeing as this one is a milestone we thought we would do something so we are going out to dinner and then probably later in the month we might stay at the beach for a couple of days. It wont be any longer than that as we have 7 furbabies and numerous birds who depend on us and to be honest I always get a little homesick when I am away.  Our 28 years together have been anything but smooth.....we have had a few quite bad patches but we have managed to get through those and came back stronger.   But I will let you in on our secret for a successful marriage......are you ready.....if you can commit to this you will never have problems again........it wont be easy.....nothing good ever is......ok......here it is........Have Separate TV Rooms!!!!     Best thing we ever did...he can flick til his heart content from sport channel to sport channel and I can watch whatever movie or show that takes my fancy from every tear jerker to musical I want....Ta Da!

Here are a few vintage Anniversary cards I found on pinterest






                                      How cute is this idea...would make a gorgeous wedding gift!


9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Love the Mr and Mrs silverware. I'm going to have to look for them for my niece who's getting married in March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Leann......you can buy metal stamp/punch sets on ebay and do them your self.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary, not many couples make it to the big 25 years. Leann any silverware can be engraved, just find the pieces you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your milestone anniversary. I enjoyed looking at the anniversary cards. I saw some that looked typical 40s and 50s.
    My dear hubby and I celebrated our 55th last June. It's funny, I still remember our 25th.
    Enjoy every moment together, it really flies by.
    I am a new follower, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginger thankyou....my parents would've been married 60 years this year but fell short as my dad passed away Oct last year. I think long marriages will be very rare in th future. Everyone seems to give up to easily when things get hard.

      Delete
  4. My husband and I have separate bedrooms (we both snore) with TVs. Best thing we have done for our relationship.

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸