Saturday, July 2, 2011

~My Front Garden~


~Welcome to my tiny front garden~  Our home was built in 1860 and is what is called a Miners Cottage.  These were built mostly for the Welsh Miners that came out here to work.  My home sits fairly close to the road so I only have a small strip of garden out the front compared to nearly a 1/4 acre out the back.  But I love my small front yard the best.  So much easier to work with.  Up until now it has been just roses some as old as the house itself.  This year I have planted many little cottage plants including daisies, salvia, lavender, colombines, dianthas and the ever favourite geranium.  Its winter here so I dont expect to see much growth until the spring. 
Hurry up spring. 

A Happy 4th of July to all who celebrate and a big hug and thankyou to Miss Beverly @ How Sweet The Sound who makes every Saturday a little bit Pink.


The roses are looking a little worse for wear due to the strange winter we are having







~Have a fabulous weekend everyone~


Photobucket