Sunday, April 3, 2011

~Sunday Markets~

Well to say my day started early is an understatemnt.  I was awoken by a phonecall from my daughter to say she and her friend were stranded in the city.  Their ride home never showed...so good old mum to the rescue.....that was at 3.15am.  A round trip to the city from where we live is approx 2 hours.  By the time I got home with a macca's latte in hand I was wide awake so I thought...blog hopping time.
So at 7.45 off to the markets I trotted (onto my 4th coffee by this time)   The markets here are not very good but a found a few little treasures to share with you.
Im not a big jewellery person but the sparkle off these in the sunshine caught my eye...and off course they are  pink  so whats not to love.

How cute is this little crown brooch.  It had my name on it (I swear) well thats what I am gonna tell hubby when he asks why on earth I bought that.  Isn't it delightful.


Another  Pink find is this darling little pin dish with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers in the center and gold rim. 

My bargain of the day...a Pink Pagoda Crystal perfume bottle for 50 cents.  Although a little worse for wear with several flea bites on the outside of the lid it, it is definitly a bargain.  I have one of these already in clear glass which is listed in Carters Antique guide with a price of $150.00 USD (if memory serves me right)and to find one in pink is just a yummy find...flea bites and all.

Next on the bargain list is this pretty hand painted plate from Japan and signed by the artist.  Huge Pink roses and a gold rim...what more could a girl ask for.

My last bargain for the morning was this pretty very very tarnished silver vase in the shape of a trumpet flower.  I have decided to give this a clean just to see how well it comes up.  Its quite heavy and perfect for the pink rose bud I will pick later to place in it.
Well thats it for my bargains from the market...I will post a piccy of the vase later when its had a polish.
Have a perfect Shabby Sunday.

9 comments:

  1. What lovely share's, the brooch is so pretty
    I would have brought the brooch if I come across
    one. Became a follower of your blog.

    Love Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the treasures you got at the market. I think the brooch is my fav....very different, very pretty. I am your newest follower, looking forward to more posts. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well super Mom you got some fabulous finds, everything I would have snatched up...Love the perfume bottle even if it does have flea bites!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you found some fabulous treasures...love that crown pin but I think my bestest is the gorgeous old worn silver vase. How pretty it will be with flowers in it. :) So pleased you visited me and I hope to see you often. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came by for PS and saw your Sunday post. Lovely finds, especially the pink perfume bottle, really do love it, the silver trumpet vase wonderful is going to be stunning. How lucky to find such treasures.
    Have a blessed day.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were well rewarded for your early morning jaunt - these are all such a great find - so pretty! Happy Pink Saturday to you (late I know)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle..those dishes are so very pretty. Please come join my linky party going up soon. It is for newbies only. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS finds! 50 cents??!! Why does this never happen to me? Thanks for entering my giveaway. I am following you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink and white and oh, blue too! I love your blog. I stumbled upon you by the help of a friend. Hope you'll visit and share your advice. Love Shabby Chic-my favorite although my husband won't let me do everything shabby:) I try.

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸