Saturday, February 9, 2013

~A Shabby Slice of Life~

    
          No news as yet about my adoption other than they are now researching my documents.  I have a new calm feeling about it all and I suppose time does that to you.  I am excited and nervous all at once but I think finally I am feeling good about me.  When the papers show up, then I will deal with what they say or don't say but for the moment I am getting on with life.
          I have decided to go back to selling to try and clear some of the many, many, many boxes of treasures I have hoarded over the years.  I lost interest in selling due to having to chase people and ask for payment.  I hate asking for payment.  As a buyer I never make anyone wait for payment unless I have made arrange before hand, so as a seller I expect no less from my buyers.    To get my feet wet I have listed a few items on gumtree (nothing too exciting) and have had a great success on a couple of items on ebay but the fees are horrid and I wont be using that too often although it is good for the more unusual items.
           So hopefully by March I will be back selling on my fb page ~ShAbBy PrIm DeLiGhTs~ ~ MiChElLe~
             My facebook page has been a wonderful source of joy.  I have the most gorgeous people follow my page and everyday their loyalty amazes me.  It is a humbling experience when people like what you do...even if it just posting a picture of something pretty.  As women we are nest makers regardless and we love to surround ourselves with beauty and for me its searching for that beauty everyday to share with others.

 I mustn't forget a quick thank you to the lovely Beverly from How Sweet The Sound for being the gracious host for so many years.
 Enough of my ramblings....have a perfect Pink Saturday <3













Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. bellissime queste tazzine mi fanno tornare indietro nel tempo
    Anna maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, I have a weakness for pretty cups and saucers.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful China pieces. I recognize that there were about 3 cups and saucers that you have that I have as well. I especially love your cup and saucer display hanger...awesome. TFS.I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gayle...yes I have a weakness for pretty china and it very hard to find sometimes. I will be sure to pop over to your bog also. Thank you so much for visiting

      Delete
  3. Oh what absolutely delightful china! The colors are beautiful and I love the way you have them casually displayed. The basket full of hearts has mine fluttering and I love the little tag. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily....the hearts and tag were made for me by a friend of mine. I love having things made by others. HPS to you also

      Delete
  4. From what I see from your blog, you do a lot of things beautifully. Wishing you the best in whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty! I especially love your peonies on the background! Gorgeous. I hear you on ebay, I have sold lots of stuff but I don't think with much profit. Just started a business FB page. Hope you do well.
    Regards peg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy...thankyou for visiting...let me know your fb page as I would be happy to share it for you :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi laura, my friend made me the hearts and the tag...she is so clever.

      Delete
  7. Hi Michelle I can't wait until you start selling again I await with bated breath :)
    Regards Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful- your site is such a delight to visit and beat the winter blahs!
    All the Best
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina,...thankyou for visiting. Don't let winter get you too down .

      Delete
  9. What beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing from your new follower! Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn and welcome. Don't forget to pop over to my facebook page for lots of pretties on a daily basis.

      Delete
  10. Ahh, such lovely pinks!! Thanks for sharing,
    HPS,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your pinks today...so pretty love the basket of pretty pink hearts
    Happy Pink Saturday!!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzann, thankyou for visiting and your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸