Saturday, April 21, 2012

~Op Shop Treasures~


~Another week has sped by so fast...where does the time go.   On the spur of the moment I decided to pop into an op-shop on my way home from work.  I dont go to this one very often as it has become more of a clothing store and less of a treasure hunt lol.  Anyways I looking through what is left of the 70's reject crockery (just not my taste) when I spotted this delightful silver coffee service.  Love silver ware...even enjoy polishing it occassionally.  Couldn't grab it quick enough ( and yes I look around to make sure no one is going to grab it out from under me lol)  Finished looking through the crockery but nothing else caught my eye.  Off to the register I went when I saw a hint of PINK in the cabinet under the register.  Imagine my delight when it turned out to be a powder puff...although no overly vintage (probably Avon) I didnt care it was..... PINK! Now I was grinning like a silly cheshire cat.  Standing at the register happily paying for my treasures when I glanced to my left and in the cheap basket (which never gets a glance cause it is always full of uglies) there to my delight where 4 rose bud egg cups.  By this time I am must be looking like a right fool with this huge grin on my face.  I couldnt get them on the counter quick enough.  They are Made in Japan and cute as...not much good for holding boiled eggs (they slip sideways) but stunning pink and green colours.
My spur of the moment shop was the best ever :)


Happy Pink Saturday
& dont forget to pop over and see Miss Beverley @ How Sweet The Sound 













Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Sweet! What great pink finds, and I love the silver coffee service, truly an amazing find!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you hit the jackpot!!! Love all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so pretty! Love the powder puff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had to stop and shop. These are great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love pink! My pink room is my favorite room in my house! I adore all your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pink this week. So pretty!

    My PINK..., have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday to you. Your blog is so beautiful and very vintage in theme. Your pinks are just lovely. Please have a wonderful new week and thanks ever so much for stopping by my blog and leaving the lovely comment. Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a good eye for bargain treasures! Thanks for your comment the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm sorry for the delay in my response. My son had an accident, which has pretty much consumed my every waking moment. Slow but sure he's getting up and about. I love your posts. You always have beautiful pinks and great ideas.

    Thx for sharing

    LL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....no apologies needed...family before everything...so glad he is recovering.
      Thankyou for visiting

      Delete

✿¸ Thankyou for taking the time to stop by ~Shabby Delights~ your comments are most welcome ✿¸